Skip to content

I finally finished a project

January 11, 2010

I’ve been wanting to crochet a grocery bag for a while now, and started one a few weeks ago using some plain acrylic worsted yarn from the bottom of my stash. But that wasn’t getting the stretch I wanted it to so after a bit of googling, I found this pattern from The Purl Bee, and they (she? he?) recommended Louet’s Euroflax Linen yarn, which is pretty pricey. So I thought I’d try it with a sport weight cotton blend instead, and went to search for a pretty color at Off the Beaten Path, which I had never been to before but loved the moment I walked in. And what do you know, I found the Euroflax there for $5-$10 less than anywhere online. So I snatched up the last skein in “seafoam.” I’d never worked with yarn like that before and expected it to be tough, but it was suprisingly soft and malleable. The bag itself only took me a few hours (I adjusted The Purl Bee’s pattern a bit) and I’m pretty happy with it.

It’s about 10″ wide and maybe 13 or 14″ tall when it’s flat- but as you can see, it’s got mad stretch.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: